Hump Day Recipes
Bacon-Chicken Club Pizza Recipe and photo by Taste of Home, found here
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Combine cream cheese and shallot; spread over crust. Top with chicken, cheeses and bacon.
- Bake at 425° until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes .
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and dressing mix. Sprinkle lettuce and tomato over pizza; drizzle with dressing.
1 slice: 444 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 939mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Tex-Mex Chicken Strips Recipe and photo by Taste of Home, found here
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl mix the first 6 ingredients. Place butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture to coat; press to adhere. Place chicken on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°, about 15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- This chicken would taste great chopped and served over taco salad.
- If you like dipping chicken strips, try these with salsa, guacamole, sour cream or ranch dressing.
3 ounces cooked chicken: 258 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large ungreased skillet, cook tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add salsa and corn; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread refried beans over each tortilla; top with lettuce, salsa mixture, cheese, avocados, tomatoes and sour cream.
1 tostada: 588 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 12g fiber), 19g protein.